(Solved) Re: pdf attachments

> What's the output of the command shown below?
>
>  strings `which mutt` | awk "/mime\.types$/{sub(\"%s\",\"$HOME\");print}" |
> xargs grep -sw pdf

 Empty. But of the three files, only the one in my $HOME exists.
 /usr/local/etc/mime.types and /usr/local/share/mutt/mime.types don't.

 That is interesting. This mutt installation is missing its etc dir
 and Muttrc/mime.types files.

 And I now know why! It's a flaw in the install-exec-hook Makefile target.

 If you run make install as non-root user, make aborts because you have
 no permission to chgrp and chmod mutt{.,_}dotlock. This is before mime.types
 gets installed.

 Fix: the "exit 1" statement should be removed from install-exec-hook.
 Printing the warning is enough IMHO.

 Anyway, I have fixed my installation now, and the problem has gone away.
 Thanks, guys!