Re: [for 1.5.6] include mutt-thread patch

* On Thu, May 18, 2006 Brendan Cully (brendan@xxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> On Wednesday, 17 May 2006 at 14:09, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > More complex patterns are possible though they take a little time.
> I think it's a good feature, but I'm reluctant to commit without
> Thomas' opinion on the performance impact.

It doesn't effect normal usage. And given the complexity of more
sophisticated patterns it's reasonably fast.

~(~P~s OT) !~(~F) [match every thread that contains messages from you
with subject "OT" and not a flagged message (in the same thread)]

takes about 3s in a 26k messages folder on a 2ghz machine.
I think that's fast enough though even more complex patterns take more
time. I'm sure there is room for improvement but people not using the
feature won't be affected by it.

So Thomas speak up please :)

Michael
--