Re: ML-config changes

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:59:31PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 Rado S wrote:
> > My instant suggestions for taboo_header:
> >
> > Content-type:.*html
> > Content-type:.*gb2312
> > Content-type:.*/alternative

> charsets:

FWIW, I'm generally opposed to filtering (solely) on charset.  I, for
example, occasionally post messages that have a few words in Korean,
which I believe causes my mutt to send the message encoded as EUC-KR
when possible, in the normal case (it's preferable to UTF-8,
unfortunately, because many computers in Korea are still running
ancient software that doesn't know about UTF-8).  While EUC-KR wasn't
a listed charset, my point is that there are valid reasons to post
using those charsets, since mutt has full i18n support, and this is an
international list.  Even if the list primarily is in English, if one
has questions about using mutt with other character sets, it is often
useful to post example text in another non-western-European charset,
which such filtering would exclude.  Not good.

감사 합니다.  ^^

-=-=-=-=-