Re: ML-config changes

On 2005-11-05 13:13:05 +0100, Rado S wrote:
[VL: I've replaced the 'c' by a '*'.]
> Info for you all: do NOT use 'subs*ribe' or "unsubs*ribe" ANYWHERE
> in your bodies, or else your message will be queued for
> moderation!
>  (Happened to me and Vincent quoting me) :-(

And for this message too, probably.

As we are in a mailing-list about a MUA, one could need to use
these words. This should be fixed!

Or Mutt could have an option to encode these words using QP, or
perhaps to add the "zero width no-break space" U+FEFF somewhere
inside such words. :)

> > > For the latter I don't know whether it's better to silently
> > > ignore non-members immediately not to cause useless bounces by
> > > faked headers...
> >
> > It would be very bad to silently ignore non-members. Bounces due
> > to fake headers can easily be filtered on the user's side anyway
> > since they contain the headers of the message (which could be
> > seen as some kind of signature).
>
> Sorry, I was speaking of ML bounces informing about denial to ML
> for whatever reason, not regular bounces for mail problems.

But the ML bounce could look like a regular bounce (e.g. set the
reverse path to <> as said in RFC 2821) so that the user can do
what he wants with it.