Re: ML-config changes

On 2005-11-04 20:17:33 +0100, Rado S wrote:
> - changed that non-members receive a notification that they should
> subscribe before they post instead of being put in the moderation
> queue with all spammers, which resulted in being silently ignored
> after a "review" period due to heavy spam activity.

Isn't a spam filter used there? If non-members post with Mutt,
they would probably have a very low score since Mutt doesn't
generate broken headers or HTML.

> For the latter I don't know whether it's better to silently ignore
> non-members immediately not to cause useless bounces by faked
> headers...

It would be very bad to silently ignore non-members. Bounces due
to fake headers can easily be filtered on the user's side anyway
since they contain the headers of the message (which could be seen
as some kind of signature).