Re: docbook?

* Sun Aug  7 2005 Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx>
> On Sunday, 07 August 2005 at 01:14, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Brendan Cully wrote:

> It seems if I do this that the email address doesn't actually
> appear. Also, from my reading of the docbook docs, it seems email
> should be able to appear in author. I don't know why it's being
> rejected - I suppose the docbook book may just be wrong.

Oh I wrote "affiliate" but it should be "affiliation". Sorry.
Maybe the book you read was about DocBook 4.2 or more.
Your patch declares the manual as 4.1.2. If you declare the
manual as 4.2 in the header, <email> is able to appear in
<author>. And no errors output by xmllint.

> > But bogus <emphasis> tags should be fixed
> > before 1.5.11. ;)
>
> I may have mentioned I don't know the first thing about
> docbook. I guess you mean s|remap="bf"|role="bold"|?

Hmm, that may be the easiest solution, but I don't know.
I think the hardest and most preferable way is to use
<symbol>, and so on. Ideally XML is not for formatting
but for adding some meanings to the text.

P.S.
I haven't tried your latest docbook patch.

--
tamo