Re: docbook?

On Friday, 29 July 2005 at 23:47, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Friday, 29 July 2005 at 23:09, Brendan Cully wrote:
> > Here's a first draft. All I can say about it is it renders to HTML
> > (with xsltproc). It's not ready to replace the current system, and a
> > bunch of the cross-references are currently broken, but it's a
> > starting point. I think the rest of the work is going to end up being
> > manual. I'd also like to point out that I really have no idea what I'm
> > doing with docbook.
>
> Here's a better one. xsltproc finished without complaint, and the
> cross-references are functional. Maybe only formatting remains. Well,
> that and training the build system.

With a little elisp and a little elbow grease, I've gotten the cross
references to look the same as they did in the original manual. It
compares pretty well. I've also adjusted the makefile for pdf, html
and text targets. The text target is now built from the html file
using w3m or lynx -dump, but there's probably a text stylesheet
floating around if people prefer that.

I haven't actually tested the pdf target (don't have passivetex
installed at the moment).

Other differences: the html target is for a single large file right
now instead of a chunked one. This isn't that hard to switch though
(just change html.xsl to refer to chunk.xsl instead of docbook.xsl),
and then fix up the manual.txt target in the Makefile :)

Also, the sections aren't currently numbered. This is probably an xsl
option I should look up.