Re: mutt development status

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 23:53:17 +0300, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
> >> What about NNTP?
> >Discussed, with viewpoints on both sides. Since nobody could agree on it
> >going in or staying out, I would guess that's why it stayed out.
>
>     Only reason that I've ever seen against of including (optional!) NNTP
> support into Mutt was "Mutt is mail reading program, not news" and it was
> from Thomas Roessler years ago. I hope it's changed now. :)  If not, then
> would you like to discuss it and find common solution for that?

I use the vvv-NNTP patch a lot, and I love having NNTP in mutt. Yet
some of it is hackety-hack IMO, and needs to be fixed before being
perceived as a releasable feature.

Actually, I should get in touch with the author of the patch and
complain with him. ;-)

I've heard of mutt-ng for the first time now, but I do approve of their
approach, in those terms that it would save _myself_ integrating a lot
of conflicting patches every time... But if that branch is indeed also
dead^Wquiet, what's the point? All those lovely patches out there, and
nobody willing to maintain or properly integrate them. :-(

Moritz, running these patches BTW (not that I need all of them):

patch-1.5.8.dw.confirm-crypt-hook.1mb
patch-1.5.8.dw.crypt-autoselectkey.1mb
1.5.8-btowc-mb1
1.5.8-verbosedeletedattachments-1mb