Re: mutt development status

Hello,

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 04:26:59PM -0400 I heard the voice of
> John J. Foster, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > Yes, they are new mail, complete with an N flag. However, they are
> > not reflected in the mailboxes screen. Enter any folder with new
> > mail, and immediately leave that folder. The mailboxes screen does
> > not show that folder as having new mail.
>
> Well, it does, for me.  But I'm using maildir, so I'd expect that.  I
> can't think of how you'd handle it in mbox without having to parse the
> whole thing, though.  Icky.

sorry for joining here so late. Maybe a bit OT in this thread, but it's
behaving differently even on IMAP folders. Back to the topic. I wrote a
patch for this and submitted here according to all rules. No response.
I wouldn't mind if someone told me that
  * this patch is bad ( which probably is, since it's my first adventure
    with mutt sources )
  * it's feature creeping ( I doubt that, since for me it's doing IMAP
    in mutt quite unusable )
  * it's not usefull to many people ( I doubt that, since I actually met
    someone on #mutt asking for this, and I was like five times on #mutt
    in my whole life )

I don't rant since I'm not paying anyone to do anything and I can fix my
mutt to do what I need and switch to new version only when neccessary.
Am I dissapointed ? A bit ;)

Long live mutt

--
        Vladimir