Re: Change in behavior <current-middle> (was: [2005-02-13] CVS repository changes)

On 2005-02-24, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2005-02-24 16:54:24 +0100, René Clerc wrote:

> > Yep, that's true.  Which has to do with the fact that mutt doesn't
> > allow the index to "move off" anymore, which is something others, and
> > I (I'm still trying to get used to the new behavior, but am only
> > marginally succeeding in that) liked in the previous versions of mutt.
>
> The new behavior was very strange at the beginning, but I'm starting
> to get used to it. However I miss the fact that new messages could be
> seen in the index without having to recenter it with <current-middle>.

I would miss that, too!  (I'm still using 1.5.5.1.)  I use that
feature all the time when I'm working in other windows and want to
keep an eye on any new messages that arrive.

Can we fix this new behavior, or at least make it optional?

> If Mutt could have an option so that when the last message is visible
> in the index, then the last message is taken as an anchor (instead of
> the first visible message) when new messages are added to the mailbox.

I suppose I could get used to that, although it still doesn't seem
as nice as being able to scroll almost all the messages off-screen.
Then new messages are really apparent.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division