Re: Change in behavior <current-middle> (was: [2005-02-13] CVS repository changes)

On 2005-02-24 16:54:24 +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> * Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> [24-02-2005 16:37]:
> > The behaviour in Mutt 1.5.8 is more consistent. For instance, if one
> > uses <current-middle>, a new message is added to the mailbox, then a
> > second <current-middle> will scroll the index of at most one line.
>
> Yep, that's true.  Which has to do with the fact that mutt doesn't
> allow the index to "move off" anymore, which is something others, and
> I (I'm still trying to get used to the new behavior, but am only
> marginally succeeding in that) liked in the previous versions of mutt.

The new behavior was very strange at the beginning, but I'm starting
to get used to it. However I miss the fact that new messages could be
seen in the index without having to recenter it with <current-middle>.

If Mutt could have an option so that when the last message is visible
in the index, then the last message is taken as an anchor (instead of
the first visible message) when new messages are added to the mailbox.
Note that I sort my mailboxes with:

set sort=threads
set sort_aux=last-date

so that new messages appear near the bottom.