Re: Change in behavior <current-middle> (was: [2005-02-13] CVS repository changes)

* Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> [24-02-2005 16:37]:

> On 2005-02-23 09:53:36 +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> > Didn't it work before?  Please specify.
>
> I could try with an older version of Mutt. When all the messages
> were displayed, <current-middle> had no effect. So, with 24 messages,
> all visible, no blank lines, cursor on message 24, <current-middle>
> didn't do anything; but if a 25th message was added at the end (not
> visible), then <current-middle> scrolled to put message 24 at the
> middle.

Yes, this was indeed the previous behavior..  Not all too pretty
either, you're right..

> The behaviour in Mutt 1.5.8 is more consistent. For instance, if one
> uses <current-middle>, a new message is added to the mailbox, then a
> second <current-middle> will scroll the index of at most one line.

Yep, that's true.  Which has to do with the fact that mutt doesn't
allow the index to "move off" anymore, which is something others, and
I (I'm still trying to get used to the new behavior, but am only
marginally succeeding in that) liked in the previous versions of mutt.

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

This is not a spam.  You receive this message because you are on.
a list of email addresses I have bought.