Re: How about the editing threads and attachment counting patches?

* Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> [24-02-2005 16:52]:

> On 2005-02-24 01:13:27 +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> > Thomas said he'd like to defer the editing threads patch by Cedric
> > Duval for 1.5.8.  Unfortunately - probably since nobody reminded him
> > (which he did ask for ;)) - it wasn't included.
> > I'm a huge fan of this patch, use it a lot (also over IMAP), and would
> > welcome it's inclusion.  I believe this is the general opinion.
> >
> > See: http://cedricduval.free.fr/mutt/patches/#threads
>
> This would be interesting, but if I understand the patch, it updates
> both "References:" and "In-Reply-To:". However, this would be incorrect
> if one wants to attach a message to its grand-parent for instance.

What is actually incorrect?  The patch is meant to be able to fix
threads, that are broken by crappy mailers.  Indeed, the patch can be
used to create you're own fabulous looking thread tree..  But I don't
see anything wrong with that?  If I want to specify that a certain
message is a reply to an other certain message, what's the deal?

> This is useful when one wants to delete some non-interesting
> messages.

Please specify, I really don't see the problem..

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Like a blind man in an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
-Frank Drebin, "Naked Gun 33 1/3:  The Final Insult"