Re: Change in behavior <current-middle> (was: [2005-02-13] CVS repository changes)

* René Clerc <rene@xxxxxxxx> [02-14-05 18:09]:
> * Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [13-02-2005 05:04]:
> >     * globals.h, init.h, menu.c: Christoph Berg's menu_context,
> >     and a version of menu_move_off where that's not optional,
> >     but where mutt will just try to avoid moving off the bottom.
> >     Complain to mutt-dev if you want this to be optional.
>
> (assuming this complaint has indeed to do with the above patch:)
>
> Previously, <current-middle> would reposition the current message in
> the midle of the index, even if it was the last message - it would
> complement the index with blank lines.  I liked this behavior very
> much, since it is intuitive and, IMO, correct.
>
> Of course, for the first n messages, where n < (index_length / 2), the
> current message should *not* be repositioned in the center, since
> this would require blank lines previous to the first message, which is
> not the order in which "we" read things.
>
> Haven't looked at the source yet, shouldn't be too hard to make
> optional, but first like to hear other people's opinion on this.

I agree.  Just installed 1.5.8 (2005-02-12) today and already miss
<current-middle>.

Please consider returning the function.
HOG # US1244711          Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery