Re: 1.5.9: Feature request, ifdef

On 20/02/05 17.40, David Champion wrote:
> * On 2005.02.20, in <20050220125951.GB3050@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> *     "Mads Laursen" <mutt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > out of date mutt-versions. With a facility to test for features, one
> > can write a configuration that takes advantage of features, while
> > still working on older/standard installations.
>
> I agree that this kind of functionality is useful. I'm not as concerned
> with whether it goes into mutt -- this function is available without
> code changes -- but I also think that code changes are the best way to
> make it accessible to casual or inexperienced users.
>
> I'm using m4 to preprocess my muttrc. I've been meaning for a while to
> post how I do this, but I'm not sure I'll ever get around to cleaning
> everything up enough to post. I can post part of it now, though.

Thank you very much for the nice little script, one of my next bits of
spare time will be spent making my mutt config use this (I would
probably have ended up using something like it (there is already
stacks of code in that config)).

And thank you for stating the the options and good arguments. I hope
that mutt will get some support for preprocessing, since you have
showed it to nicely fill the need I pointed out.

/dossen