1.5.9: Feature request, ifdef

I apoligize in advance, if this feature has been added and I have
missed it. I have not yet had time to take the new versions for a
testdrive.

If not, I would like to suggest that something like Cedric Duvals
Ifdef patch[1] be included in mutt.

While the amount of outstanding, interesting, patches has certainly
decreased, there is still a good chance that there will be patches
that are worth applying to the current mutt. Not to mention sites with
out of date mutt-versions. With a facility to test for features, one
can write a configuration that takes advantage of features, while
still working on older/standard installations.

I would however suggest, that as a minimum it also needs a 'ifndef'
for it to be truly useful (assuming for the argument that it was
included prior to the alternates change, one might like to have both
'alternates "...' and 'set alternates="...', each with a suitable
condition).

/dossen

1: http://cedricduval.free.fr/mutt/patches/#ifdef