Wishlist: Unread mail indication

Good morning,

How hard would it be to include an option, unset by default, to show the
number of unread messages, alongside the number of new messages, in
mailboxes? I don't always have time to read all new mail when in a
folder. When I return to mailboxes view, I have no idea which mailboxes
have unread mail. Unsetting mark_old does not address this problem.

What are the pro's and con's of doing this? Is there a patch available
right now that does this? Has anyone tried it against current CVS?

Thanks,
John
--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.