Re: Wishlist: Unread mail indication

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 10:47:10AM -0500, John J. Foster wrote:

> How hard would it be to include an option, unset by default, to show the
> number of unread messages, alongside the number of new messages, in
> mailboxes? I don't always have time to read all new mail when in a
> folder. When I return to mailboxes view, I have no idea which mailboxes
> have unread mail. Unsetting mark_old does not address this problem.

There's a patch to do this for Maildirs, and it's possible for IMAP.

See the bottom of:
http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttFaq/Appearance

The patch that I've used is Brian Lane's patch... not sure if it's up
anymore. I'll stick up the version I have...

Against 1.4, but last I checked, applied to the dev version too.
http://veggiechinese.net/mutt-bcl.patch

> What are the pro's and con's of doing this?

I think doing it with mbox is time consuming.