Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 12:54:06PM -0500, John J. Foster wrote:
> Good morning all,
>
> I have been following this list closely since the apparent demise of
> mutt-users. I am NOT a developer, but rather a very happy user of mutt.
> I've played occasionally with just about all the other mail clients
> available, but always return to the one that sucks less. That does not
> mean I wouldn't very much like certain features that 1 or another client
> provides.
>
> My reasons for still looking for a different client have been stated
> in both this thread, and the mutt-ng fork thread. I have'nt noticed much
> in the way of comments from folks like myself (just plain users), so
> here's what I'd like that would keep me from evaluating other packages
> for awhile
>
> basic SMTP services
> support for IMAP IDLE
> inclusion of the IMAP header cache
> a decent addressbook

The inclusion of the header-cache has worked wonderfully. Thank you
much.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious (it happens all the time), but
has anyone ever mentioned the possiblity of including server-side
sorting and threading? Or is this unnecessary because the headers are
already cached?

And what about the ability to search multiple folders?

Thanks again,
John
--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.