Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On 2005-01-28 01:29:11 +0100, Mads Laursen wrote:
> On 27/01/05 12.54, John J. Foster wrote:
> [snip]
> > a decent addressbook
[...]
> As far as I can tell the number of features needed in such programs is
> rather small:
>   Add a new entry (here it might be nice to support invokation of a
>   (text-based obviously) gui, for additional data entry.
>
>   Lookup an address, providing a list of possibles (mutt could still
>   show the list and do selection, or that could be out-sourced). Maybe
>   there could be an option to invoke a gui search (text-based again),
>   to allow more advanced/plugin specific searching.
>
>   Efficiently map from addresses (and perhaps a few other inputs) to
>   names (etc.). This might be done by running the program as a pipe,
>   with mutt holding both ends. Perhaps with a commandline argument
>   fallback for prototyping/scripting.
>
> What else would be needed?

Get arbitrary other data from the address book.
Some data I would like to store in an address book (I'm using send-hooks
for some of that now):

PGP key(s) of an address (mutt's search heuristics doesn't always find
the right key)

Whether to use PGP encryption and/or signature for a recipient.

Sender address to use for this recipient (I use different addresses for
mailing lists)

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | If the code is old but the problem is new
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | then the code probably isn't the problem.