Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:50:02PM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> If there are any patches you want to see included with 1.5.7, please
> re-submit them to mutt-dev by Thursday evening.  1.5.7 due on Friday.
>
> (Mads is right, I should return to release early, release often.)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Thomas Roessler ? Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.
Good morning all,

I have been following this list closely since the apparent demise of
mutt-users. I am NOT a developer, but rather a very happy user of mutt.
I've played occasionally with just about all the other mail clients
available, but always return to the one that sucks less. That does not
mean I wouldn't very much like certain features that 1 or another client
provides.

My reasons for still looking for a different client have been stated
in both this thread, and the mutt-ng fork thread. I have'nt noticed much
in the way of comments from folks like myself (just plain users), so
here's what I'd like that would keep me from evaluating other packages
for awhile

basic SMTP services
support for IMAP IDLE
inclusion of the IMAP header cache
a decent addressbook

I do not know the difficulty in implementing any of these, but they have
remained the reasons for a few years that I keep looking.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Back to lurking,
John

--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.