Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On Monday, 07 February 2005 at 11:17, John J. Foster wrote:
> Perhaps I am missing something obvious (it happens all the time), but
> has anyone ever mentioned the possiblity of including server-side
> sorting and threading? Or is this unnecessary because the headers are
> already cached?

This has been bandied about before, but no one has had the time to
write the code. Server-side threading, in particular, is only useful
if significant changes are made to the core. Searching would be
simpler, but it would mean translating from mutt's pattern language
to IMAP's, and handling the cases when the two don't overlap
perfectly.