Re: bug#1660: Repyling with extended charactors in the From:

 On Saturday, October 11, 2003 at 6:38:18 PM +0300, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:

> Forcing $charset=iso-8859-1 w/o locale means broken locale

    Yes. That might sometimes /seem/ to work in some situations, due to
ISO style printable A0-FF fallback, but is clearly broken locale.

> (or you forget that not all peoples lives in Europa and uses
> iso-8859-1?) What your reaction will be if I will propose koi8-u as
> fallback instead of your iso-8859-1?

    You seem to dislike hardcoded fallbacks.

>> No idea why this fallback fails for you?
> See before.

    That doesn't explain why an existing fallback didn't work in a
situation it could have (the L1 stroked O is in the A0-FF zone).

    So we close the bug? Andrew (the 1st): Could you please confirm your
problem was solved by a correct locale?

Bye!    Alain.