Re: bug#1660: Repyling with extended charactors in the From:

 On Thursday, October 9, 2003 at 12:51:09 PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> ANSI_X3.4-1968
> LC_CTYPE="POSIX"

    Unconfigured locale, so it is defaulting to English and US-Ascii.
This is the cause of the Ø 330 problem. There is no Mutt bug.

    Setup correctly your locale to your language, country, and charset,
and Mutt will be fine. I believe there is a Debian-specific helper
utility for that. Quoting Christoph Berg on mutt-users list:

| On Debian/Woody, do:
| # apt-get install locales (unless already installed)
| # dpkg-reconfigure locales (unless already configured correctly)
| $ export LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1 (or what you chose in dpkg-reconfigure)

    Or the hard old way:

| $ locale --all-locales | grep _CH     # pick your country
| de_CH
| fr_CH
| it_CH
| $ export LC_CTYPE=fr_CH       # pick your language

Bye!    Alain.
--
Everything about locales on Sven Mascheck's excelent site at new
location <URL:http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/locale/>. The little tester