Re: Mutt crashing on exit or replying (sometimes)

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 03:44:45PM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> (e.g. I don't believe gnome-terminal does, and I *know* Apple Terminal
> doesn't either). Chances are you want to add some logic to your
> ~/.bashrc (or equivalent for your shell) to set the LANG environment
> variable correctly for your machine.

Hey Kyle - I've only been running on a Mac since January (former
Gentoo user). But I've not changed my environment, knowingly, to effect
this and my locale shows:

festus@magpie ~ $ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8
festus@magpie ~ $ locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
festus@magpie ~ $ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

I don't have a .bashrc and my .profile doesn't set this. This is running
10.5.6 and Terminal.app. What are you running, or, as usual, am I missing
the misunderstanding something?

Later,
festus
--