Mutt crashing on exit or replying (sometimes)

I have FreeBSD 7.1 running mutt-devel-1.5.19_1. I am getting a core dump
whenever I quit mutt or occasionally when I reply to a message, but not
every time. I'm pretty sure this is an encoding issue, but not sure how
to solve it. I have a very similar muttrc for three different
situations, but they refer to different locations for the spool and
inbox, and only one is crashing. The other two have no issues. All three
are set to UTF-8 as the charset. I can't see any differences between
them which would be causing this. Here's the relevant end of the debug:

mutt_index_menu[617]: Got op 145

I looked around and there seems to be a few people who've had a similar
issue, chalked up to character sets or unicode, but I'm not a programmer
and I'm not sure how to get any further than this.

Any ideas? Do I need to post my .muttrc?

- jt