Re: local sendmail

* JP Bruns <emailjp79@xxxxxx> [02-05-09 08:39]:

> I also found 'mailutils', a package including 'mail.local' (GNU
> mail.local -- the local MDA) which might already help you taking care of
> any local or system mailing. It didnt really suit my needs so I will try
> to get a small script done myself, but it might take some time due
> to my lack of scripting experience.
>
> So, if you have procmail and formail installed already, I don't see why
> one would need postfix for this.

No, you do not *need* postfix, but your MDA *must* deliver to procmail
in some manner.  You may process the mail with procmail:
  formail -ds procmail -m <recipe.file> <mail.file>
  formail -ds procmail <mail.file>

The crux is that the MDA *must* deliver to procmail.

ps.  I have installed rss2email and it works w/o a problem after
assigning the work-a-round for the unknown mail-from address.  I do
have postfix/procmail installed.  But I set rss2email to deliver
direct to local mail, not to gmail or my provider.