Re: local sendmail

bill [04.Feb.2009 14:51]:

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009, Christian Ebert wrote:
With my postfix' sendmail here this works.

Thank for suggestion. I was using msmtp symlink as sendmail that
doesn't work. Using postfix' sendmail it works ok.

Is there some other way around this other than having to run postfix? I
am also running msmtp here, along with procmail, fetchmail, mailx (and
of course mutt). Having to run postfix always seemed to be too much for
my needs and especially my system. Passing a system or local mail
directly to procmail would be more than enough for me.

If I am not mistaken, ssmtp was able to do without postfix - but is
interfering with msmtp. Then I guess I have to change msmtp for ssmtp
and set up multiple account handling via mutt and not via msmtp as
before, right?

JP Bruns

--
Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas.