Re: local sendmail

* bill lam on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 at 13:28:09 +0800
> Apologise if this OT,  I use rss2email to download rss and then it
> automatically calls sendmail to send them as emails to my gmail
> account so that they can be read with mutt.  My pc does not have valid
> domain name.  I wonder if it is possible to teach sendmail to delivery
> email to local maildir without the need to go through any external
> smtp server.

Have you tried, for testing:

$ mail `whoami`

With my postfix' sendmail here this works.

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html