Re: Solution: How to get single list of mailboxes from two IMAP

=- Marco Fioretti wrote on Sun  3.Aug'08 at 20:13:57 +0200 -=

> > > Really? That will display folders from multiple servers in the
> > > same list?
> >
> > Really. :)
>
>  set folder =imaps://remote_server/
>  mailboxes   imaps://remote_server/folder_1
> imap://marco@xxxxxxxxx/archive_folder imaps://remote_server/folder_2
> imaps://remote_server/folder_3
>
> then I added only this:
>
>      set imap_check_subscribed = yes

Save typing (and readability) by using shortcuts.

> Now, if I hit "c" right after starting mutt, I'm prompted for the
> passeord to remote_server. Then I get a list of ALL the folders on
> remote server, not just those defined as mailboxes above. But if I hit
> TAB, then yes, I get one list of all and only the four folders defined
> as mailboxes. After this first time, to get back to that one list,
> which is what I wanted, I had to press "c", TAB, TAB

There is the other imap_* vars I was talking of...

> The only things that's missing is to figure out if the browser can
> list the folders exactly in the (mixed, server-wise) order they
> come after the mailboxes command (no, sort_browser = unsorted
> doesn't work)

I noticed IMAP mailboxes sorting being out of line for me, too,
interleaving folders from different servers, despite sorting by size
or date.

> Suggestions, improvements, comments, are welcome, of course. :-)

Repeating myself ad nauseum(?) (in general, not to you in
particular ;): RTFW(iki).