Re: How to get single list of mailboxes from two IMAP servers?

As far as I know, mutt handles one imap or pop connection at a time.

Think about it : there is one global imap_pass variable at a time in
the muttrc.

This alone means you can't have more than one imap 'accounts' monitored
in the same mutt session. So the answer is 'no'.

But of course you can use two terminals with two mutt instances, and if
you use a decent console program (like the KDE konsole) you will be
graphically warned about incoming mail.
Or if not using X, if you have your console bell enabled, it well beep
on new emails.
You can also consider using GNU screen:

 screen
 mutt
 <enter account A in mutt>
 <press Control-a and c to open a new screen window>
 mutt
 <enter account B in mutt>
 <press Control-a and the spacebar to 'cycle' between the two windows>