Re: How to move outgoing mails in different mailboxes

He
Hello Kyle,

On Jan 11, 2008 7:42 PM, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Friday, January 11 at 06:19 PM, quoth Francis Moreau:
> > So now I'd like to move my outgoing emails according to the mailbox
> > I'm composing this email:
>
> Let's start with the exception:
>
> >  - if I compose an email from a mailing list, I suppose there's no
> >  need to save anything since I'm going to received a copy of the
> >  email I wrote (I'm subscribed)
>
> send-hook ~l 'set record='
>
> Now, you'll note that all the rest of these amount to the same thing:
> "if I'm in mailbox X, save the message to mailbox X".
>
> >  - if I compose an email from my spool mailbox, I'd like mutt to
> >  save the outgoing message in my spool mailbox;
> >  - If I compose an email from my project mailboxe I'd like mutt to
> >  keep a copy in this mailbox.
> >  - If I compose an email from a personal mailboxe I'd like Mutt to
> >  keep a copy in this mailbox.
>
> The following will do that:
>
>      fcc-hook . ^

Ah, that's what I can't find in the documentation. '^' char means the
current mailbox, doesn't it ?

I took a look to "mailbox shortcuts" in the documentation (section 4.7)
but there's no reference of this shortcut.

> The question is: how do you want these two to interact. If you simply
> put them both in your muttrc, the fcc-hook will always override the
> send-hook. If you'd like the send-hook to override the fcc-hook, use
> this (AFTER the fcc-hook) instead:
>
>      fcc-hook ~l /dev/null
>
> Alright, technically, that's a hack, since mutt's still saving the
> FCC. Unfortunately doing something like this:
>
>      fcc-hook ~l ''
>
> ... doesn't work.
>
> There are probably a half a dozen other ways of doing this. Here's
> another method:
>
>      send-hook .  'set record=^'
>      send-hook ~l 'set record='

Same here, I can't find the '^' meaning in the doc.

Thanks
--
Francis