Re: How to move outgoing mails in different mailboxes

On Friday, January 11 at 06:19 PM, quoth Francis Moreau:
> So now I'd like to move my outgoing emails according to the mailbox
> I'm composing this email:

Let's start with the exception:

>  - if I compose an email from a mailing list, I suppose there's no
>  need to save anything since I'm going to received a copy of the
>  email I wrote (I'm subscribed)

send-hook ~l 'set record='

Now, you'll note that all the rest of these amount to the same thing:
"if I'm in mailbox X, save the message to mailbox X".

>  - if I compose an email from my spool mailbox, I'd like mutt to
>  save the outgoing message in my spool mailbox;
>  - If I compose an email from my project mailboxe I'd like mutt to
>  keep a copy in this mailbox.
>  - If I compose an email from a personal mailboxe I'd like Mutt to
>  keep a copy in this mailbox.

The following will do that:

     fcc-hook . ^

The question is: how do you want these two to interact. If you simply
put them both in your muttrc, the fcc-hook will always override the
send-hook. If you'd like the send-hook to override the fcc-hook, use
this (AFTER the fcc-hook) instead:

     fcc-hook ~l /dev/null

Alright, technically, that's a hack, since mutt's still saving the
FCC. Unfortunately doing something like this:

     fcc-hook ~l ''

... doesn't work.

There are probably a half a dozen other ways of doing this. Here's
another method:

     send-hook .  'set record=^'
     send-hook ~l 'set record='

~Kyle
- --
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for
complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple;
the philosophy is kindness.
                                                          -- Dalai Lama