Re: mutt configuration: problem with getting mail

Following is my .procmailrc, if that is any help
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail/
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmaillog
VERBOSE=no
:0
inbox/

And this is my ~/.procmaillog
>From noreply.5782825439357805379=arvind=mbu.iisc.ernet.in@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tue
>Jun
 Subject: orkut - Invitation to join from aditi kanhere
  Folder: inbox/new/1182245479.16098_0.orion                   3088

The message mentioned in the .procmaillog is the 417th mail message. Does all
this give any hint to the experienced guys? I'm clueless )-:

Arvind

> On 9/11/07, Kumar Appaiah <akumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I think getmail marks messages as read once you receive them. In fact,
>> it may so have happened that of your 582 messages, only 417 were new
>> (unread), but getmail's claim to have delivered everything beats me.
>
> The OP's getmailrc calls procmail. Does .procmailrc contain the
> standard recipe for deleting duplicates?
>
> Checking that (and your procmail log, if you're using one) will be helpful.
>
> Breen
>
> --
> Breen Mullins
> Menlo Park, Calif.