Re: 3 questions: Renaming folders with hook + browser reverse date

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 11:21:08PM +0200, Vim Visual wrote:

> I figured out that it is possible to rename the file where the sent
> emails are stored with
>
> send-hook . "set record=~/mail/sent-mail-`date +%Y-%m`"
> set record="=sent-mail-`date +%Y-%m`"
>
> (or similar) by reading the faqs.
>
> Now a very silly question... please feel free to flame and even stone
> me. How do I do the same for the received emails? set record2 ???
> ahem...

When exiting the spool folder, Mutt writes all read messages to the mbox
folder; see variables $mbox and $spoolfile.  Does this do what you want?
If you would like to have a similar behavior for other folders, see the
mbox-hook command.

> I want to see my emails (sent, received) according to their date,
> reversely. I wrote this in my muttrc:
>
> set sort_browser=reverse-date
>
> But it doesn't work. It shows me the emails according to the threads,
> not to the reverse date. How can I fix that?

$sort_browser controls the display of the file browser.  Are you looking
for the variable $sort?

Kai