Re: GPG Keys and Signing

Hi Michael,

* Michael Pobega <pobega@xxxxxxxxx> [03-04-2007 17:44]:

> I have one more question. Whenever I get an email from someone with
> "OpenSSL encryption" it automatically tries to send my mail with
> S/MIME encryption. It's annoying to have to switch back, but it works
> if I switch my encryption to PGP/Inline sign.

In a long and distant past, I've done some work on making mutt reply
to a signed / encrypted message with the same crypto type (S/MIME or
PGP) as the orginal message, taking into account whether S/MIME and /
or PGP are configured.

Somewhat after, Werner Koch redid the whole mutt crypto backend, but, if
I'm correct, according to the same principle.

Check out $smime_is_default, $crypt_reply*, $crypt_autosmime.  Can't
test right now since I don't have any S/MIME messages in a mailbox
around..

Please share with us if this solves your problem.

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

God is science's putty.
-René Clerc