Re: reading color quoted replies

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:29:35PM +0100, Rado S wrote:
> > I work in a startup of 10 people. I'm the only reason {... for
> > IMAP, ssh, linux.}
> > By most in our company, the effort to keep this going is
> > considered a waste of time.

I'd jump ship, honestly.  I really don't like the Windows environment;
I don't know what it's doing well enough, and Redmond makes it as hard
as possible to learn.  It can't easily be automated, etc. etc...

If you would be interested in doing Linux work, send me your
resume... my employer is trying very hard to find Linux techs.  It's
not really desktop support, mostly troubleshooting and system
administration for servers (mostly web).  We don't do Windows.  Though
I'd rather be coding, it is really a great work environment (I've been
through ten employers or more; this is the best one by far).  I really
can't imagine a position where you get exposed to more open-source
software all the time...

> > http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070125.html
> > It's these experiences and anecdotes that contribute to my
> > pessimistic view.

Well, at least the PHB recognizes Linux as advanced technology :-)

Based on what you've said, I'd be exploring my career options.  Some
people will hate you for making them think, and I think you're right,
the more you try the more they will resent you.
--
Good code works.  Great code can't fail. -><-
<URL:http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/>