Re: reading color quoted replies

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 02:55:46PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 Marc Vaillant (vaillant@xxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > I'm wondering how people handle messages coming from outlook users that
> > quote the message they're replying to (or their replies) in color
> > instead of the usual angle indenting (> )?
>
> Outlook uses a indent string. Default '> '. It just _displays_ quotes
> with color. The underlying message is still readable.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean.  The message is readable,
but the clarity that the color provides is lost when I view it in mutt
because the only differentiator is color.  I could open up the html in a
graphical browser but I still can't tell apriori that the message
contains the color tags.  E.g. the above '> ' quoting would just look
like:

====

I'm wondering how people handle messages coming from outlook users that
quote the message they're replying to (or their replies) in color
instead of the usual angle indenting (> )?

Outlook uses a indent string. Default '> '. It just _displays_ quotes
with color. The underlying message is still readable.

====

but in a graphical browser, your text would be in a different color than
mine.

Marc