Re: reading color quoted replies

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 05:02:32PM +0100, Rado S wrote:
> {...}
> I'm sorry, explain, I don't see how it works against you when 2 sides
> agree on a common course that helps both by making things simpler.
>
> > I'm not afraid to ask, I'm just wise enough to know that its
> > futile, or worse, detrimental.
>
> How do you know that before actually getting confirmation from them?!

I don't have the time or energy to push this much further so I'm just
going to make a couple comments.  I apologize for loosing my cool a bit
in my previous message.  I should have admitted that I am afraid:  If
%80 comply and %20 don't, then that's at least %20 who think I'm a
lunatic for wasting time working in a crippled environment.  I work in a
startup of 10 people.  I'm the only reason why our sys admin supports an
IMAP server along with Exchange.  I'm the only reason why port 22 needs
to be open on our firewall and forwarded to a linux machine so I can
ssh, ssh tunnel, etc, use mutt, etc.  By most in our company, the effort
to keep this going is considered a waste of time.   Asking them to
restrict how they use their email--no matter how compelling an argument
I give--has a high probability of just strengthening that view.  I don't
want to give them more fodder that might lead to losing my
environment.  So, I'm not willing to just take a chance and see what
happens.  Here's a Dilbert strip that my CEO put on my desk the other
day:
http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070125.html
It's these experiences and anecdotes that contribute to my pessimistic
view.