Re: mutt called from script does not more work...

Hello Kyle,

Am 2006-09-14 13:20:09, schrieb Kyle Wheeler:

> >----8<--------------------------------------------------------------
> >  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
> >    DIRSEL="+${RET}"
> >    if   [ -n "${DISPLAY}" ] ; then
> >      DISPLAY=${DISPLAY}
>
> What is the purpose of setting the display variable to itself?

Generaly I run the program from "crontab" and there is no ${DISPLAY}
which mean, the program does not know, where to show up.  So I use
"w" to get the ${DISPLAY} and force my ptogram to show up there.

> >      ${TERMINAL} ${MUA} ${DIRSEL} &
>
> So change that to:
>
>     ${TERMINAL} "${MUA}" ${DIRSEL} &

The Xterm popup and exit.

> In what way?

I have use Xditres to get all the resources and it is
full customized.  Colors, fonts, behaviour...

> Well, strictly speaking, xterm *never* read that file. The X server
> itself reads that file, and xterm just requests that information from
> the X server. That has particular importance if you're forwarding your
> X connection to a server not running on the same machine as those
> files are (for example, ssh'ing into another machine and running
> xterm---in that case, since xterm fetches that information from the X
> server, it will use the configuration of the server it's actually
> being displayed on, rather than the configuration files on the machine
> it's actually running on).

Right, but I am on my Workstation and not remotely

>     xrdb -load .Xresources/XTerm

I have allredy tried this...

Greetings and Thanks for your Help
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)