Re: how to display 8bit chars in mutt?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 11:40:30AM +0200, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> When I view Emails that contain eightbit characters coded in
> iso-8859-1, e.g. the german u-umlaut like in  'für', it is displayed
> in the mutt viewer (the part of mutt that is used to display the Email
> when you open it) as  'f\374r'.
Let me guess. You see this in HTML multipart messages?
Unfortunately, I have the same problem too. This is not subject to
locale or termianl because such codes like \374 are generated by
lynx/(e)links. When dealing with multipart messages, mutt doesn't seem
to pass their Content-type to external program. I will be glad if
someone shows the solution.
--
Roman I. Cheplyaka