Re: mutt called from script does not more work...

On Friday, September 15 at 02:01 AM, quoth Michelle Konzack:
>Hello Kyle,
>
>Am 2006-09-14 13:20:09, schrieb Kyle Wheeler:
>
>> >----8<--------------------------------------------------------------
>> >  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
>> >    DIRSEL="+${RET}"
>> >    if   [ -n "${DISPLAY}" ] ; then
>> >      DISPLAY=${DISPLAY}
>>
>> What is the purpose of setting the display variable to itself?
>
>Generaly I run the program from "crontab" and there is no ${DISPLAY}
>which mean, the program does not know, where to show up.  So I use
>"w" to get the ${DISPLAY} and force my ptogram to show up there.

No, I understand that part. I'm just saying that DISPLAY=${DISPLAY}
doesn't actually achieve anything. It's already set to something that
you retrieved from somewhere else: setting it to itself seems to have
no purpose.

>> >      ${TERMINAL} ${MUA} ${DIRSEL} &
>>
>> So change that to:
>>
>>     ${TERMINAL} "${MUA}" ${DIRSEL} &
>
>The Xterm popup and exit.

Hmmmm. I don't see what DIRSEL is being set to. Is it supposed to be
part of the mutt command? If so, try this:

    ${TERMINAL} "${MUA} ${DIRSEL}" &

>> In what way?
>
>I have use Xditres to get all the resources and it is
>full customized.  Colors, fonts, behaviour...

What's Xditres? I've never played with it before.

>>     xrdb -load .Xresources/XTerm
>
>I have allredy tried this...

Hmm, then I'm out of my depth - you may want to ask an X11 list.

~Kyle
- --
Come to me, son of Jor-El. Kneel before Zod. Snootchie-bootchies.
                                                                -- Jay