Re: make mutt prompt for from address

=- James Miller wrote on Wed  6.Sep'06 at  5:29:26 -0700 -=

> I've set up aliases under mutt using a macro I found so that, by
> hitting the escape key and typing a few letter I can have the
> from field filled in with the address I want. But I'd really
> like to be able to get mutt to prompt me each time I compose an
> e-mail for a from address, and hopefully have a way to supply
> that address without having to fill it in in full.

Maybe (untested) you can set "autoedit" with "edit_headers", then
define a macro to start a msg:
index m <mail><edit-from><kill-line>alias...

where hopefully the macro continues after the return from the
editor and you end up in compose mode.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.