Re: Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

* Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-09-06 16:07]:
> But I heartily disagree that simply because enscript doesn't support
> Unicode that it's therefore *unusable*. It's absolutely still usable
> for lots of purposes and for lots of people. Perhaps not for you, and
> perhaps not for every German in the world, but in case you haven't
> noticed, there's plenty of other folks on the planet too. Not all of
> them are forced to use Unicode for every single thing they want to
> print. Lots of people, for example, write programs in C, which is
> designed to be a programming language that uses exclusively us-ascii
> characters. Enscript is a great program for printing out C code, for
> example.

Of course, it's usable for printing out C code. I use it myself for
this. But we talked about mails. :)

> It seems ridiculous to me that you would claim that programs that
> don't support Unicode are "unusable". Maybe they are for you, but that
> certainly does not hold true for *everyone*.

Of course there are persons that can use it with that issue. What I
wanted to express: I consider missing of utf-8 support as very
important TODO that should be fixed by upstream.

Regards,
  Bernhard
--
Es ist ein großer Vorteil im Leben, die Fehler, aus denen man lernen kann,
möglichst früh zu begehen.