Re: DSN support with mutt? OK.

=- Louis-David Mitterrand wrote on Wed  6.Sep'06 at 16:21:30 +0200 -=

> > > Using latest mutt-1.5.13 with dsn_notify="failure,delay"
> > > dsn_return=hdrs
> > > and postfix 2.3.3, I don't get any DSN notice in mutt when a
> > > message is rejected (for, say, a header_access violation).
> >
> > ... using sendmail it works as it has always for me.
>
> Oh, but it actually works, but as a separate, return, message. I
> thought the DNS was displayed in mutt immediately following the
> message-send action.

Hohum,

a) be more "on the point" with your reports, "doesn't work, but
actually works" is not enough or even misleading, see also advice
about reporting on http://WIKI.mutt.org/?MuttChannel (some of it
applies not only to the mutt channel but also here on mailing
list(s)).

This is not meant to scare you off, but to show you how to be more
helpful to yourself.

b) That's always been how DSN worked. AFAIK mutt has no such
immediate response unless you make your "sendmail" spill out
can refresh with ^L. Details should be checked with your
"sendmail" docs.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.