make mutt prompt for from address

One Pine feature I haven't yet figured out how to
implement in mutt has to do with the address that
appears in the from field. In Pine. I had the program
configured to ask each time I sent an e-mail what from
address to use. It was a bit annoying to have to go
through the extra step of selecting one (selection
from a menu--typing it out fully each time wouldn't be
workable), but it proved to provide a good check that
I was sending from the correct address each time. I've
set up aliases under mutt using a macro I found so
that, by hitting the escape key and typing a few
letter I can have the from field filled in with the
address I want. But I'd really like to be able to get
mutt to prompt me each time I compose an e-mail for a
from address, and hopefully have a way to supply that
address without having to fill it in in full. I
haven't managed yet, despite perusal of the manual and
some web searching, to understand how I might do this.
Might someone on this list give me some pointers on
this?

Thanks, James