Re: Access webmail like evolution

On 8/17/06, cl@xxxxxxxx <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm at work now so I can see my FetchExc configuration.

https://mail.work.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://mail.work.com/webmail

> That is a OWA pager powered by MSX server 2003

Yes, that's like mine:-

https://mail.work.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://mail.work.com/exchange/&reason=0

So that looks OK so far.

> I then login with my Active Dir Domain Account like this
>
> AD\username
> active dir password
>
> Then it takes me to the inbox and the url changes to this
>
> https://mail.work.com/webmail/

Yes, mine acts exactly the same.

> What would be my
>
>  ExchangeServer=xxx.dddddd.com
>  ExchangePath=exchange
>  ExchangeUser=exuser
>
> I tried to login like this and I get a 404
>
>  https://mail.work.com/webmail/username

My fetchExc.properties file is:-

ExchangeServer=xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa
ExchangePath=exchange
ExchangeUser=loginName
MailServer=crusade
DestinationAddress=chris
Username=loginName
Password=password
Domain=ATROAD
Delete=true
All=true
Secure=false

Where ExchangeServer is the IP address of the server.  Both

Is it the IP address of the website address of webmail, which I have
access from outside, OR the actual IP of the exchange server, which I
have no access from outside.

ExchangeUser and Username are my login name and Password is the
password (surprise!). The MailServer and DestinationAddress relate to

I thought Mailserver is the IP address of the SMTP server that I use
to send/reply mail
If I am pulling the email what is the Destination address for? Is that
mean fetchExc pulls and forwards and not just pulls and drops to local
folder?

the machine where I want to read my mail.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu