Re: Access webmail like evolution

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 01:36:15PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On 8/16/06, cl@xxxxxxxx <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:22:06PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> >> Is it possible to access webmail thru mutt like evolution does? The
> >> only way I can access my corporate email outside corporate network is
> >> thru webmail with https. I like to be able to access my email using
> >> mutt even when I am not on corporate network. I am currently using
> >> evolution to achieve that. However, I prefer using mutt instead. If
> >> mutt cannot directly access webmail do you know of another app that
> >> can fetch the email from https webmail and then I can use mutt to read
> >> locally?
> >>
> >If by 'webmail' you mean that the mail is held on a corporate Exchange
> >server then you will find it difficult.
> >
> >Evolution has a (semi proprietary) MAPI client that allows it to
> >access an Exchange server.  It's really only of use to Evolution
> >unless you want to do lots of work.
> >
> >The only other viable approach that I have found is a little Java
> >utility called FetchExc (a Google search will find it immediately),
> >this is a 'fetchmail' for fetching mail from the Web interface of an
> >Exchange server and it's what I use for accessing my mail at work
> >using mutt.
>
> fetchmail will work perfect if this fetchmail works when you are not
> at work? I am trying to find a alternate--without using evolution--way
> to access the webmail--exchange server mail from work--and then read
> with mutt

OK, it's here:-
    http://personal.inet.fi/atk/fetchexc/

It will work from anywhere accessing the Webmail (WebDAV) interface of
MS Exchange.  If you can access your work E-Mail using Webmail from
home the FetchExc should work as it simply uses the same interface to
your mail.

I use FetchExc at work to deliver my work E-Mail to mutt on Solaris,
it should work just the same for you I guess.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx)