Re: Access webmail like evolution

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:22:06PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Is it possible to access webmail thru mutt like evolution does? The
> only way I can access my corporate email outside corporate network is
> thru webmail with https. I like to be able to access my email using
> mutt even when I am not on corporate network. I am currently using
> evolution to achieve that. However, I prefer using mutt instead. If
> mutt cannot directly access webmail do you know of another app that
> can fetch the email from https webmail and then I can use mutt to read
> locally?

If by 'webmail' you mean that the mail is held on a corporate Exchange
server then you will find it difficult.

Evolution has a (semi proprietary) MAPI client that allows it to
access an Exchange server.  It's really only of use to Evolution
unless you want to do lots of work.

The only other viable approach that I have found is a little Java
utility called FetchExc (a Google search will find it immediately),
this is a 'fetchmail' for fetching mail from the Web interface of an
Exchange server and it's what I use for accessing my mail at work
using mutt.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx)