Re: saving time/keystrokes when saving to specific mailbox

Arias,

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 04:48:15PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, June 19 at 01:25 PM, quoth Arias Hung:
> > One somewhat cumbersome/klunky aspect of saving to specific
> > mailboxes I have noticed is the necessity of typing out the entire
> > mailbox name after pushing the 's' key.  Often times, this also
> > involves backspacing to erase whatever mailbox it thinks you want to
> > save the message to based on whatever you have set as a general
> > save-hook based on the regex that it thinks you're using.
>
> You don't have to backspace. If you type any character, the
> save-hook-suggestion will instantly vanish, to be replaced with what
> you've started to type.

I usually just type the name I want it if if does
not come up automatically, but it might be worth mentioning that you
might need to append an '=' so that mutt preset the mail folder you have
defined in your .muttrc. Also mutt usually <tab>-completes when I am
saving/copying to mailfolders, which makes typing easier.

> > Two ideas come to mind as a possible workaround.  The first is if
> > there was a way to alias specific mailboxes to a letter so when I
> > hit 's' for save I could just use that letter to denote the box I
> > want to save to.
>
> Search the mailing list archives, this has come up several times (most
> recently, in the past month of so). Basically, you're looking to use a
> macro (check the muttrc manpage for details on how to do that).

Also here is the Thread from the mutt archives that I believe that Kyle
is refering to

Cheers,

Dave
--